Thursday, February 23, 2012


Since I had the interview I have done a lot of waiting. I found out the Tuesday after the interview I got the job! I am excited! I get to meet new people and use skills I have learned throughout school and previous jobs. I am also looking forward to expanding my Excel skills.
I was supposed to start my new job this past Monday. Unfortunately, there were a couple of complications. #1: I had to get a hair sample drug test. This was not a big deal as I have had other drug tests in the past. This was though, my first hair sample test. I was not sure how much hair they would take. I assumed they wouldn't take a lot. When I got there the nurse put some of my hair in the back in a clip so she could take the hair underneath. I could feel her cutting some hair but wasn't real sure how much. When she finally finished she walked around me to get the bag for the sample. I finally how much she cut; it was more than I was expecting haha! Anyway, she labeled the sample and filled out some paperwork which I had to sign and date as well. Everything seemed to be going well and it wasn't going to take long to get the results back. A week later I get phone call from the contract employer asking if I was busy and told me the results of my drug test were under the wrong chain of custody. Luckily, I was not busy that day and was able to go back to the hospital and get another drug test taken. I was not very happy about this because I didn't really want to drive 45 minutes to get more hair taken and I didn't want to get my hair cut again. I did request that they take less hair so I didn't have a bald spot haha. While I was initialing more paperwork for the sample I asked the nurse how a sample could get sent to the wrong lab. The nurse said it was human error. Someone else had pulled the wrong paperwork by accident because the codes are similar. This had been the Thursday before I was supposed to start. My representative told me she was hoping the results would come back the next day. If they did not, I would not be able to start Monday.
#2: The Friday before I was supposed to start my representative called me to tell me I would not start Monday because my manager was at another facility and would not be able to get away due to software issues. I was also told my drug was not back yet. So either way I would not start on the original start date. We were hoping I was able to start on Tuesday or Wednesday instead.
On Monday morning I received a phone call letting me know my drug test came back and I passed (no big surprise since the 1st results were available quickly as well). I was told I would start in 2 weeks.
Now I am just waiting around for this date to come so I can start making money. Since I had planned on starting earlier in the week I had gotten everything done that I wanted to get done/needed to get done. I still had projects I wanted to get complete but these could be completed in my free time. However, now I have extra free time so I have started to make progress on finishing my quilt which I had started just under 4 years ago.
The quilt needed ironed

Here are some of the food dishes I have made.
Cheesy Biscuit Bean n' Beef Casserole
Cheesy Rice Casserole
This dish has salsa in the ingredients
Easy Risotto

Homemade Pizza
Pepperoni, black olives, jalapenos,  mushrooms
Kale Chips
Healthy alternative to potato chips
Spaghetti Bake
This was really good!

Made with our new waffle maker we got as a Christmas gift
I guess I didn't pour the batter correctly the first time...

1 comment:

  1. Any Cheesy Biscuit & Beef Casserole left over? Looks yummy to me.
    The quilt top looks beautiful and colorful. Hope you can get it done soon.
    May you have a great week before you start your new job!